Friday, March 27, 2009

Thinking...could be dangerous for an old woman who wears purple...

President Barack Obama on Friday ordered 4,000 more military troops into Afghanistan, vowing to "disrupt, dismantle and defeat" the terrorist al-Qaida network in Afghanistan and neighboring Pakistan. (Viet Nam has a new name) (is this another shock and awe)

I get along well with my grandchildren because we have a lot in common. (We all like to take afternoon naps) (We all like to read large type books)

An old wives tale states that if March comes in like a lion it goes out like a lamb and vise versa.
(This year the first few days of March were warm and sunny) (Guess what's coming tomorrow...yup, that's right, a blizzard)

I am attempting to finish my taxes today. (why so late...this year I have to pay in...again)

I am continuing to clean and downsize the clutter (or as I call it, my collections). I am working on one closet this weekend. Just some of the things I've come across (this is a walk in closet)...a collection of fairy lamps (I love them and I hesitate to get rid of any but I must); a half a dozen outside path lights (purchased three years ago and not put up yet); my first two computers (I never could figure out how to erase the hard drives so I just put them in the closet); A large floor piano (like in that one movie) (it's fun to play but not everyday); yarn, yarn, yarn, yarn, yarn (will I never stop buying yarn) (Oh wait, maybe it's like wire coat hangers and they multiply on their own); Paint by number pictures ( I love them and they have covered four walls already) (oh not ones I've painted, I've never painted any); suitcases (over the years I got a complete set of them from the hospital I worked at...they were gifts) (I haven't gone on a trip in years but I hope to travel Route 66 so I'm keeping them); All the pictures and films I've taken over the years before digital; Movie screen; Projector; New things too...crock pot; games; stitching cards; and believe it or not this is only half of what is in there.