Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Letting in a little winter

Today I changed my bed sheets to the flannel ones and added the mattress warmer to the bed.  I didn't turn it on yet, but it's there and ready.  Didn't quite turn the furnace on but the next best thing to warm the house was to bake a cake and turn on the oven.  I made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  I also washed clothes and vented the drier inside for this one time.  Couldn't work in the yard cause my left leg didn't work right and was pretty painful.  I was surprised as that usually only happens when it's humid and it wasn't humid today.  The wind and rain storm the other day left such a big branch in the back yard across my clothes lines.  I waited to see if I could get help moving it but then ended up moving it myself.  I know I shouldn't but it did work out okay.  I moved it to the front for pick up yesterday...could be why I'm having a little muscle pain today. 
The cupcakes are delicious. 


 Hali won a summer reading program prize at the Southwest library
 Owen modeling a Cub shirt I got for him and holding up a sign that says the Cubbies suck...I guess he isn't happy with the shirt and cap.
 Fort Howard had a picnic and open house the day before school started
 Owen and Hali getting ready to sit down and eat at the picnic


The Slack boys posing for the camera

No comments: