Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Concert

Owen's school had their Spring concert today. They have such a wonderful music teacher she sure knows how to bring out the joy of singing. She also hands out little props so the kids have something to do while they are singing. The concert was short and sweet...I wish it would have lasted a little while longer. I took a few pictures, as usual, and will post them when I get them.
While filling the bird feeders today, I noticed that there are a lot of Daffodils and Tulips coming up. Also the rhubarb is growing again. I love rhubarb. The flowering trees and bushes all have little buds...except for the Lilac, that usually takes a little longer.
The big old Coopers Hawk was here having lunch today. Such a beautiful bird. My squirrel family is all pretty chubby. They ate well over the winter and I see that all five of them are still here.
The snow is almost gone except for the old drifts. Of course more snow is coming this weekend.
I walked the yard and picked up a lot of the trash that blew in over the winter. Found a whole envelope of someones pictures but they were pretty well smeared up so I just tossed them out.
I had started a blog of things I found on my walks...took pictures and commented on them...but I ended up in the hospital shortly after so that blog didn't come to life. It's still there so maybe in the Spring I'll add some more to it.
Hurts to wear shoes. I'm hoping to get to a store so I can get some slippers to wear outside until my feet heal better. I never thought I'd be one of those weird old ladies that fall down. Oh well...

No comments: